An alternative to custom user groups in Workspace ONE Express without active directory integration is through user group integration that applies your existing active directory structure, providing many benefits.
After you import existing directory service user groups as Workspace ONE Express user groups, you can perform tasks in the following areas.
- User Management – Reference your existing directory service groups (such as security groups or distribution lists) and align user management in Workspace ONE Express with the existing organizational systems.
- Profiles and Policies – Assign profiles, applications, and policies across a WorkspaceWorkspace ONE Express deployment to groups of users.
- Integrated Updates – Automatically update user group assignments based on group membership changes.
- Management Permissions – Set management permissions to allow approved administrators only to change policy and profile assignments for certain user groups.
- Enrollment – Allow users to enroll in Workspace ONE Express using their existing credentials.
Similar to the way data mapping works on an individual user, mapping user group data integrates your existing directory service groups into Workspace ONE Express user groups.