The User Groups List View page in Workspace ONE Express features useful tools for common user group maintenance and upkeep, including viewing, merging, deleting user groups, and adding missing users.
You can use the User Groups List View to create lists of user groups immediately, based on criteria that is most important to you. You can also add new user groups individually or in bulk.
Display only the desired user groups by using the following filters.
Add User Group.
|Perform a one-off addition of either a Directory-Based User Group or a Custom User Group.|
|Sorting and Resizing Columns||Columns in the List View that are sortable are Group Name, Last Sync On, Users, and Merge Status. Columns that can be resized are Group Name and Last Sync On.|
|Details View||View user group information in the Details View by selecting the link in the Group Name column. This information includes group name, group type, external type, manager, and number of users.|
|Export ()||Save an XLSX or CSV (comma-separated values) file of the entire unfiltered or filtered List View. Both file formats can be viewed and analyzed with MS Excel.|
The User Groups List View also features a selection check box and Edit icon to the left of the user. Selecting the Edit icon () enables you to make basic changes to the user group. You can make bulk actions on user groups by selecting one or more groups which reveals the action buttons for the listing.
More Actions for User Groups
You can select more than one user group by selecting as many check boxes as you like. Doing so modifies the available action buttons and also makes the available actions apply to multiple groups and their respective users.
|Sync||Copy recently added user group users to the temporary table, manually, ahead of the scheduled, automated Active Directory sync by Workspace ONE Express.|
|View Users||Displays the User Group Members screen, enabling you to review the user names of all the members in the selected user group.|
View and Merge
|View, Add, and Remove users recently added to the temporary user group table. User group users that appear in this table await the automated user group sync in Workspace ONE Express.|
Add Missing Users
|Combine the temporary user group table with the Active Directory table, making the addition of these new users in the user group official.|
|Delete an empty user group.|
Edit User Group Permissions
Fine-tuning user group permissions in Workspace ONE Express allows you to reconsider who inside your organization can edit certain groups. For example, if your organization has a user group for company executives, you might not want lower-level administrators to have management permissions for that user group.
Use the Permissions tab to control who can manage certain user groups and who can assign profiles, compliance policies, and applications to user groups.
- Navigate to .
- Select the Edit icon of an existing user group row.
- Select the Permissions tab, then select the Add button.
- The Organization Group displays the prepopulated organization group.
- Select the Permissions you want to enable.
- Manage Group (Edit/Delete) – Activate the ability to edit and delete user groups.
- Manage Users Within Group and Allow Enrollment – Manage users within the user group and to allow a device enrollment in the OG. This setting can only be enabled when Manage Group (Edit/Delete) is also enabled. If Manage Group (Edit/Delete) is disabled, then this setting is also disabled.
- Use Group For Assignment – Use the group to assign security policies and enterprise resources to devices. This setting can only be changed if Manage Group (Edit/Delete) is disabled. If Manage Group (Edit/Delete) is enabled, then this setting becomes locked and uneditable.
- This setting is disabled when the user group is managed by a parent OG and you want to assign the group from one of its children OGs.
- Select the Scope of these permissions, that is, which groups of administrators are allowed to manage or use this user group. Only one of the following options may be active.
- Administrator Only – The permissions affect only those administrators at the parent OG.
- All Administrators at or below this Organization Group – The permissions affect the administrators in the OG.
- Select Save.