VMware Workstation 15.5.1 Player | 12 Nov 2019 | Build 15018445
What's in the Release Notes
- About VMware Workstation Player
- What's New
- Important Fixes
- Prior Releases
- Resolved Issues
- Known Issues
VMware Workstation Player™ is a streamlined desktop virtualization application that runs another operating system on the same computer without rebooting. VMware Workstation Player provides a simple user interface, unmatched operating system support, and portability across the VMware ecosystem.
For more information, see the broader VMware Workstation Player documentation.
This release of VMware Workstation Player is a free upgrade for all VMware Workstation 15 Player users. It contains bug fixes and security updates.
This release of VMware Workstation Player addresses the following issues:
- Workstation 15.5.1 Player addresses an out-of-bounds write vulnerability in the e1000e virtual network adapter. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project (cve.mitre.org) has assigned the identifier CVE-2019-5541 to this issue. For more information, see VMSA-2019-0021.
- Workstation 15.5.1 Player addresses an information disclosure vulnerability in vmnetdhcp. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project (cve.mitre.org) has assigned the identifier CVE-2019-5540 to this issue. For more information, see VMSA-2019-0021.
- Workstation 15.5.1 Player addresses a denial-of-service vulnerability in the RPC handler. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project (cve.mitre.org) has assigned the identifier CVE-2019-5542 to this issue. For more information, see VMSA-2019-0021.
- Workstation 15.5.1 Player resolves TSX Asynchronous Abort (TAA), a speculative-execution vulnerability identified by CVE-2019-11135. For more information, see section 3b in VMSA-2019-0020.
- Workstation 15.5.1 Player resolves a regression introduced in Workstation 15.5.0 Player which causes the Hypervisor-Specific mitigations for for L1TF and MDS vulnerabilities to be ineffective. For more information on these mitigations, please see section 3a in VMSA-2019-0008.
Features and Known Issues from prior releases of VMware Workstation 15 Player are described in the release notes for each release. To view the release notes for a prior release, click the appropriate link:
- VMware Workstation 15.5 Player
- VMware Workstation 15.1 Player
- VMware Workstation 15.0.4 Player
- VMware Workstation 15.0.3 Player
- VMware Workstation 15.0.2 Player
- VMware Workstation 15.0.1 Player
- VMware Workstation 15 Player
- The Workstation 15.5 Player Linux installer crashes in some multi-language environments
A VMware Workstation Player unrecoverable error appears during a fresh install or upgrade of Linux in some multi-language environments.
This issue is now resolved.