The virtual machine library appears on the left side of the Workstation Pro window. You use the library to view and select virtual machines, folders, and remote hosts in Workstation Pro. The library appears by default.
If the library is not visible, select.
- Right-click a virtual machine, folder, or remote host in the library to view the item's context menu and perform common operations.
- To find a specific virtual machine in the library, type its name, part of its description, or the name of the guest operating system in the search box.
For example, to find all the virtual machines that have a Windows 8 guest operating system, type Windows 8. You can also search for folders and remote hosts.
- To view information about a virtual machine, select the virtual machine name in the library and, if powered on, click the Show or hide console view icon and View All.
A Powered Off Virtual Machine
The virtual machine details appear at the bottom of the page.
A Powered On Virtual Machine
In the menu bar, select the Show or hide console view for the virtual machine details to appear at the bottom of the page. Click View All to see network connection information.
Virtual machines in both powered off and powered on states provide information about the virtual machine, such as the hardware compatibility information. The information provided for a powered on virtual machine with VMware Tools installed is more detailed. For example, only a powered on virtual machine with VMware Tools installed lists the primary IP address.
- To mark a virtual machine or folder as a favorite in the library, right-click it and select Mark as Favorite or click the star icon.
- Use the library drop-down menu to show only powered on virtual machines or favorite items.
By default, the library shows all items.
- To remove an item from the library, right-click it and select Remove.