VMware Workstation 14.1.7 Pro | 28 Mar 2019 | Build 12989993
Check for additions and updates to these release notes.
What's in the Release NotesThe release notes cover the following topics:
VMware Workstation Pro enables technical professionals to develop, test, demonstrate, and deploy software by running multiple x86-based Windows, Linux, and other operating systems simultaneously on the same PC.
You can replicate server, desktop, and tablet environments in a virtual machine and allocate multiple processor cores, gigabytes of main memory and graphics memory to each virtual machine, whether the virtual machine resides on a personal PC or on a private enterprise cloud.
For more information, see the VMware Workstation Pro documentation.
This release of VMware Workstation Pro is a free upgrade for all VMware Workstation 14 Pro users. It contains bug fixes and security updates.
VMware Workstation Pro contains elevation of privilege vulnerabilities:
- Workstation contains an out-of-bounds read/write vulnerability and a Time-of-check Time-of-use (TOCTOU) vulnerability in the virtual USB UHCI (Universal Host Controller Interface). These issues may allow a guest to execute code on the host. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project (cve.mitre.org) has assigned the identifiers CVE-2019-5518 (out-of-bounds read/write) and CVE-2019-5519 (TOCTOU) to these issues. See VMSA-2019-0005 for further information.
Features and Known Issues from prior releases of VMware Workstation 14 Pro are described in the release notes for each release. To view the release notes for a prior release, click the appropriate link:
- VMware Workstation 14 Pro Version 14.1.6
- VMware Workstation 14 Pro Version 14.1.5
- VMware Workstation 14 Pro Version 14.1.4
- VMware Workstation 14 Pro Version 14.1.3
- VMware Workstation 14 Pro Version 14.1.2
- VMware Workstation 14 Pro Version 14.1.1
- VMware Workstation 14 Pro Version 14.1
- VMware Workstation 14 Pro