Like full screen mode, exclusive mode causes the Workstation Pro virtual machine display to fill the screen. You might want to use exclusive mode to run graphics-intensive applications, such as games, in full screen mode.
Exclusive mode has certain advantages and limitations.
- The full screen toolbar is not engaged when you move the mouse to the top of the screen. To configure virtual machine settings, you must exit exclusive mode.
- When input is grabbed by the virtual machine, only the ungrab shortcut is respected. You can change the ungrab shortcut to reduce the chance of unintentionally pressing it.
- On a Windows host, exclusive mode does not use multiple monitors.
- Verify that the latest version of VMware Tools is installed in the guest operating system.
- Power on the virtual machine.
- If you have multiple monitors, move the Workstation Pro window onto the monitor to use for exclusive mode.
- Enter full screen mode. See Use Full Screen Mode.
- Enter full screen mode.
- Select from the full screen toolbar.
What to do next
To exit exclusive mode, press Ctrl+Alt.
On a Windows or Linux host, pressing Ctrl+Alt returns you to full screen mode.