VMware Workstation 15.5.1 Pro | 12 Nov 2019 | Build 15018445
What's in the Release Notes
VMware Workstation Pro™ enables technical professionals to develop, test, demonstrate, and deploy software by running multiple x86-based Windows, Linux, and other operating systems simultaneously on the same PC.
You can replicate server, desktop, and tablet environments in a virtual machine and allocate multiple processor cores, gigabytes of main memory and graphics memory to each virtual machine, whether the virtual machine resides on a personal PC or on a private enterprise cloud.
For more information, see the VMware Workstation Pro documentation.
This release of VMware Workstation Pro is a free upgrade for all VMware Workstation 15 Pro users. It contains bug fixes and security updates.
This release of VMware Workstation Pro addresses the following issues:
- Workstation 15.5.1 Pro addresses an out-of-bounds write vulnerability in the e1000e virtual network adapter. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project (cve.mitre.org) has assigned the identifier CVE-2019-5541 to this issue. For more information, see VMSA-2019-0021.
- Workstation 15.5.1 Pro addresses an information disclosure vulnerability in vmnetdhcp. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project (cve.mitre.org) has assigned the identifier CVE-2019-5540 to this issue. For more information, see VMSA-2019-0021.
- Workstation 15.5.1 Pro addresses a denial-of-service vulnerability in the RPC handler. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project (cve.mitre.org) has assigned the identifier CVE-2019-5542 to this issue. For more information, see VMSA-2019-0021.
- Workstation 15.5.1 Pro resolves TSX Asynchronous Abort (TAA), a speculative-execution vulnerability identified by CVE-2019-11135. For more information, see section 3b in VMSA-2019-0020.
- Workstation 15.5.1 Pro resolves a regression introduced in Workstation 15.5.0 Pro which causes the Hypervisor-Specific mitigations for L1TF and MDS vulnerabilities to be ineffective. For more information on these mitigations, please see section 3a in VMSA-2019-0008.
Features and Known Issues from prior releases of VMware Workstation 15 Pro are described in the release notes for each release. To view the release notes for a prior release, click the appropriate link:
- VMware Workstation 15.5 Pro
- VMware Workstation 15.1 Pro
- VMware Workstation 15.0.4 Pro
- VMware Workstation 15.0.3 Pro
- VMware Workstation 15.0.2 Pro
- VMware Workstation 15.0.1 Pro
- VMware Workstation 15 Pro
- The Workstation 15.5 Linux installer crashes in some multi-language environments
A VMware Workstation unrecoverable error appears during a fresh install or upgrade of Linux in some multi-language environments.
This issue is now resolved.