VMware Workstation 15.0.3 Pro | 14 Mar 2019 | Build 12422535
What's in the Release Notes
VMware Workstation Pro™ enables technical professionals to develop, test, demonstrate, and deploy software by running multiple x86-based Windows, Linux, and other operating systems simultaneously on the same PC.
You can replicate server, desktop, and tablet environments in a virtual machine and allocate multiple processor cores, gigabytes of main memory and graphics memory to each virtual machine, whether the virtual machine resides on a personal PC or on a private enterprise cloud.
For more information, see the VMware Workstation Pro documentation.
This release of VMware Workstation Pro is a free upgrade for all VMware Workstation 15 Pro users. It contains bug fixes and security updates.
- VMware Workstation Pro contains elevation of privilege vulnerabilities:
- Workstation does not handle paths appropriately. This may allow the path to the VMX executable, on a Windows host, to be hijacked by a non-administrator leading to elevation of privilege. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project (cve.mitre.org) has assigned the identifier CVE-2019-5511 to this issue. See VMSA-2019-0002 for further information.
- COM classes are not handled appropriately. This may allow hijacking of COM classes used by the VMX process, on a Windows host, leading to elevation of privilege. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project (cve.mitre.org) has assigned the identifier CVE-2019-5512 to this issue. See VMSA-2019-0002 for further information.
- Updated OpenSSL library version to 1.0.2q.
- Updated libxml2 library version to 2.9.9.
Features and Known Issues from prior releases of VMware Workstation 15 Pro are described in the release notes for each release. To view the release notes for a prior release, click the appropriate link:
- Top-level menu options in VMware Workstation Pro are not accessible through shortcut keys
You are unable to access the VMware Workstation Pro top-level menu items using shortcut key.