The final pre-installation step for SaltStack Config is to download the installation files and send them to the Salt master node.
Before you start
This step is part of the pre-installation process. Before reading this page, ensure that you have first read:
Download the installation files from Customer Connect. For assistance, contact your sales representative.
Transfer the files
Transfer the files to the Salt master node from which you are running the installation orchestration. Place the files in the root folder.
Verify the installation files
As a best practice, validate that the downloaded file was not altered after being created by VMware. You can validate the file by comparing the SHA-256 hash for your copy against the SHA-256 listed for that file.
To verify the installation files on RedHat or CentOS:
- On the machine containing the files, open a terminal and navigate to the directory that contains the files.
- If needed, use
lsto list the exact filenames.
- Enter the following command, replacing the exact name of the file you want to verify:
- The previous command returns the SHA-256 for the file. Compare the output of this command to the SHA-256 listed for that file in Customer Connect.
Extract the files
To extract the files on RedHat or CentOS:
- If needed, install an application to extract the .tar.gz file. For example:
sudo yum install tar
- After you install the tar tool, enter the following command, replacing the exact filename of the installation file:
tar -xzvf SaltStack_Config-<version>_Installer.tar.gz
Import the .asc keyfiles
You need to import the .asc keyfiles from the installer into the RPM packaging system. To import the keyfiles on the all the nodes involved in the installation:
- Navigate to the
- To import the
.asckeyfiles you extracted from the installer .tar.gz file into the RPM packaging system, run the following command:
sudo rpmkeys --import keys/*.asc
- Repeat these steps for all nodes.
What to do next
Once you have downloaded, transferred, verified, and imported the installation files, you can begin the installation process.