A vRealize Log Insight Agent collects events from log files and forwards them to a vRealize Log Insight Cloud server or any third-party syslog destination.
- Deploy a Cloud Proxy.
- Install the Log Insight Agent. You can follow the relevant instructions in the vRealize Log Insight documentation for installing an agent.
To configure agents, you can follow the relevant instructions in the vRealize Log Insight documentation for agent configuration.
Managing Agent Configuration
As an administrator, you can centrally manage multiple Log Insight Agent configurations. Select to modify the configuration in the Agent Configuration section and click Save. You can modify the configuration for all agents or select agent groups and filter agents in the group to modify their configuration.
To understand how a central configuration works, you can refer the vRealize Log Insight documentation for centralized agent configuration.
Enabling Auto-Update and Auto-Upgrade
Enabling auto-update lets the active agents automatically download and update their configurations. Enabling auto-upgrade lets the active agents automatically upgrade to the latest available version. To see the latest agent version, in the Log Sources page, click Log Insight Agent. Auto-upgrade supports the upgrade of MSI packages for Windows and RPM and DEB packages for Linux.
- The agent has an active status.
- The agent version is 4.3 or later.
- The agent is not of a Linux BIN package type.
- The client-side agent configuration has the auto_update flag set to 'yes'.