You must have an active VMware Cloud Proxy before you can use vRealize Log Insight Cloud. If none are present, you are informed of this when you open the landing page and prompted to begin download and deployment.
Note: Cloud Proxy does not support an HTTP proxy that requires NTLM authentication.
- Verify that you have an IP address, a DNS entry, and permissions to deploy OVF templates in vSphere.
- Log in to vSphere and verify that you are connected to a vCenter Server system.
- Verify that outgoing HTTPS traffic is allowed for the Cloud Proxy.
- When you use a web browser to connect to VMware Cloud Services, ensure that the computer that runs the web browser has HTTPS port 443 open to outgoing traffic with access through the firewall to:
- *.vmwareidentity.com gaz.csp-vidm-prod.com
- When you connect to VMware Cloud Services from a data collector, ensure that the computer that the data collector is on has HTTPS port 443 open to outgoing traffic with access through the firewall to:
- Log in to vRealize Log Insight Cloud by specifying the URL https://www.mgmt.cloud.vmware.com/li/ and entering your login credentials.
- Click the two arrows icon in the upper-left corner of the screen to expand the main menu.
- Navigate to .
- Click New.
The Install Cloud Proxy dialog box appears. Leave this dialog box open, as you will need it later.
- To deploy the Cloud Proxy, click Download OVA.
- Navigate to your VMware vSphere Web Client data center and click the name of your vCenter cluster. In the drop-down menu, select Deploy OVF Template.
- In the Deploy OVF Template form, perform the following actions.
- Click Select template, then Local File. Paste in the path to the OVA Cloud Proxy file you downloaded. Click Next.
- Click Select name and location, then enter the name of your OVA file. Select the cluster where you want to install the Cloud Proxy, and click Next.
- Click Select a resource and the cluster where you want to run the Cloud Proxy, and then click Next.
- Review the details of your Cloud Proxy deployment. Notice the Size on disk text box. The location where you deploy the Cloud Proxy in the following steps must have enough space available. Click Next.
- Accept the License Agreement. Click Next.
- Click Select storage and select a datastore from the list with enough free space for the OVA file. Click Next.
- Click Select networks and select a destination network, and then click Next.
- Click Customize template and enter the required information. Do not click Next.
- For Root User Password, choose a unique password. It does not need to match the vCenter password.
- Return to vRealize Log Insight Cloud and collect the token key provided on the Install Cloud Proxy dialog box. Click Copy to copy the key. Use the Copy control to ensure you are copying the entire key.
Note: Token keys should be used within 24 hours and should be used for only one Cloud Proxy.
- Return to the template form and click Networking Properties. If you use DHCP in your vCenter network, do not enter any information. If you do not use DHCP, then you must provide information for each setting. Click Next.
- Click Ready to complete and review your configuration data. Click Finish.
The Cloud Proxy is installed.
- Click the green arrow at the top of your page to run the Cloud Proxy.
- To verify that your Cloud Proxy is running, look under the VMs tab at the list of your virtual machines to ensure its state is Powered On.
- Return to the vRealize Log Insight Cloud Install Cloud Proxy dialog box. Wait for a success message saying a connection has been made. (This may take several minutes.)
What to do next
Consult Port Requirements of Remote Cloud Proxy and then enable log and event forwarding to the Cloud Proxy.