You install the vRealize Operations for Horizon desktop agent on the parent virtual machine, RDS host, or desktop source for the virtual machine that you want to monitor.
The vRealize Operations for Horizon desktop agent can be installed as a part of the Horizon Agent installation. See the table in Desktop Agent to find the version included with your Horizon Agent and determine whether you need to install this version. If you chose not to install the desktop agent as part of Horizon Agent, you can install it independently.
- Due to an existing limitation, you must install the vRealize Operations for Horizon 6.6 desktop agent separately even if you choose to install it with Horizon 7.6. This limitation is resolved in Horizon 7.7.
- The standalone desktop agent installer is not supported for Horizon 7.8 or later. If you are using Horizon 7.8, you must install the desktop agent when you install Horizon Agent. To do so, select vRealize Operations Desktop Agent on the Custom Setup page of the Horizon Agent installation wizard. For more information, see Install Horizon Agent on a Virtual Machine in the Setting Up Virtual Desktops in Horizon 7 document.
- For linked-clone desktops, perform the following procedure on the parent virtual machine in the linked-clone desktop pool.
- For desktops in an automated or manual desktop pool, perform the following procedure on each virtual machine in the pool.
- For desktops provided by an RDS host or physical machine desktop source, perform the following procedure on each server or physical machine.
- Install the vRealize Operations for Horizon solution and add your license key.
- Create an instance of the Horizon Adapter.
- Install and configure the vRealize Operations for Horizon broker agent on the Horizon Connection Server host for your Horizon pod.
- Log in as a local administrator to the machine where you plan to install the desktop agent.
- Download the desktop agent installation file from the product download page and run the file.
- Read and accept the EULA and click Next.
- Click Install to begin the installation.
- Click Finish to exit the desktop agent setup wizard.
- If you are installing the desktop agent on the parent virtual machine for linked-clone desktops, perform the following additional steps:
- Power off the parent virtual machine.
- In the vSphere Client, take a snapshot of the parent virtual machine in its powered-off state.
- In Horizon Administrator, recompose the linked-clone desktops.
The recompose operation updates all linked-clone desktops that are anchored to the parent virtual machine, causing the desktop agent to be installed on each linked-clone desktop.