How the Management Pack Works
The Management Pack for Dell EMC Isilon accesses the OneFS API to import Isilon clustered NAS resources, relationships, metrics, and alerts into vRealize Operations to enable comprehensive monitoring and troubleshooting, while providing visibility into the virtual layer within vROps. Specifying a virtual IP during configuration allows the management pack to discover all nodes, returning data for each node, and enabling failover if the primary node goes down.
How to Get Started
To get started monitoring your Dell EMC Isilon storage devices from within vRealize Operations, see the following topics:
- Review the System Requirements (Dell EMC Isilon) and ensure you have performed the necessary prerequisite tasks:
- Have your Isilon virtual IP, user name, and password available.
- Ensure you have completed Assigning Dell EMC Isilon User Permissions.
- If using SSL and you want the highest level of security available, ensure you have completed Adding an SSL Certificate to the vROps Truststore (Dell EMC Isilon).
- Install the management pack. See: Installing the Management Pack (Dell EMC Isilon).
- Configure the management pack. See: Configuring the Management Pack (Dell EMC Isilon). If you encounter any Test Connection errors when configuring, see: Troubleshooting the Management Pack (Dell EMC Isilon).
- Start using the management pack. See: Using the Management Pack (Dell EMC Isilon).