Before you can begin using the Management Pack, you must create an adapter instance to identify the host from which the Management Pack will retrieve data.
- Log in to vRealize Operations as an admin user.
- Click the Administration icon. In the right panel, the Solutions view will be displayed.
Nimble Storage Solutions
- Click the Configure icon. The Manage Solution window will appear.
Note: Click the Add icon above the Instance Name list on the left to create multiple adapter instances.
- In the Manage Solution window, enter the following information:
- Adapter Settings:
- Display Name: A name for this particular instance of the Management Pack
- Description: Optional, but it can be helpful to describe multiple instances of the Management Pack
- Basic Settings:
Hostname/IP Address: HPE Nimble Storage Hostname or IP addressNote: The Management Pack supports IPv4 and IPv6.
- Credential: Select the credential you created when Creating a Credential (Nimble).
- Advanced Settings:
- Collector: Default Collector/Group is automatically selected. Click the drop-down menu if you want to run the collection on a different node.
- API Port: Default is 5392, but can be changed if your configuration differs.
- SNMP Port: Default is 161, but can be changed if your configuration differs.
- Support Autodiscovery: Default setting is True, which enables the adapter instance to create resources for you. This should not be set to False.
- Enable User Metrics: Default is False, but can be changed to return user metrics.
- Max Events Returned: Default value is 10000, but can be changed if desired.
- Hours before Alerts are Canceled: Default is 24, but can be changed if desired.
- Include Notification Events: Default is False, but can be changed if desired to include notification events from Nimble.
- Adapter Settings:
- Click Test Connection to test the configured connection information. Click Save Settings and Close to save your adapter instance.
What to do next
- To validate data collection, see: Validating Data Collection (Nimble).