How the Management Pack Works
The Management Pack for IBM PowerVC accesses the PowerVC RESTful API to import PowerVC resources, relationships, metrics, and alerts into vRealize Operations. This enables comprehensive monitoring and troubleshooting of your IBM PowerVC Environment.
How to Get Started
To get started monitoring your IBM PowerVC environment from within vRealize Operations, see the following pages:
- Review the System Requirements (IBM PowerVC) and ensure you have performed the necessary prerequisite tasks:
- Have your PowerVC hostname, username, and password readily available.
Ensure that your credentials above are for an administrator user.Caution: This is required to use all the features of the management pack. If a read-only user is supplied, storage objects won't be collected.
- Install the management pack. See: Installing the Management Pack (IBM PowerVC).
- Configure the management pack. See: Configuring the Management Pack (IBM PowerVC). If you encounter any Test Connection errors when configuring, see: Troubleshooting the Management Pack (IBM PowerVC).
- Start using the management pack. See: Using the Management Pack (IBM PowerVC).