The VMware vRealize® True Visibility™ Management Pack for Microsoft SQL Server is an embedded adapter for vRealize Operations (vROps), collecting performance data from your Microsoft SQL Server environment and providing predictive analytics and real-time information about problems in your infrastructure—all within the vRealize Operations user interface.
The Management Pack for Microsoft SQL Server includes the following notable features:
- 7 comprehensive monitoring dashboards, including:
- Microsoft SQL Server DBA Overview – Get a bird's-eye view into the overall health and performance of your SQL Server instance
- Microsoft SQL Server Database – Drill down into the performance details of your SQL databases, including index performance, database size break-down, disk capacity, status, and alerts
- Microsoft SQL Server Query Plan – Generate query plans to help troubleshoot slow queries
- Microsoft SQL Server VM Relationship – Gain visibility into the relationship between your virtual hosts and SQL Server instances, with the ability to view KPIs side-by-side
250+ collected metrics for Microsoft SQL Server resources
30+detailed alerts and notifications for critical and warning conditions
Capacity definitions for connection limit, CPU demand, memory usage, and disk capacity
- External relationships from your VMware Virtual Machines to SQL Server Instance and Always On Availability Groups
|4.0.0||October 6, 2020||Initial General Availability release for VMware vRealize® True Visibility™|
- Currently the Management Pack does not support indexing metrics out of the box. In order to enable this, please see Configuring the Properties File (Microsoft SQL Server).
- The Retrieve Query Plan action (see: Generating a Query Plan) will fail for queries containing a scalar variable.
- Database names containing single quotes ( ' ) are not supported.
- The CPU Usage metric for Microsoft SQL Server Instances is not available on Microsoft SQL Server Standard or Express editions.