How the Management Pack Works
The Management Pack for Microsoft SQL Server connects to your Microsoft SQL Server instancevia JDBC using the jTDS driver.SQL queries are executed in order to import health, performance, availability, capacity, and relationships data for your SQL server resources into vRealize Operations.
- See Resource Kinds and Relationships (Microsoft SQL Server) for information about the SQL resources collected by the management pack.
- See Metrics (Microsoft SQL Server) for information about the specific metrics returned for the collected resources.
How to Get Started
To get started monitoring Microsoft SQL Server from within vRealize Operations, see the following topics:
- Review the System Requirements (Microsoft SQL Server) and ensure you have performed the necessary prerequisite tasks:
- Have your Microsoft SQL Server instance hostname, instance name, user name, and password available.
- Ensure you have completed Assigning MS SQL User Privileges.
- If using SSL and you want the highest level of security available, ensure you have completed Adding an SSL Certificate to the vROps Truststore (Microsoft SQL Server).
- Install the management pack. See: Installing the Management Pack (Microsoft SQL Server).
- Configure the management pack. See: Configuring the Management Pack (Microsoft SQL Server). If you encounter any Test Connection errors when configuring, see: Troubleshooting the Management Pack (Microsoft SQL Server).
- Start using the management pack. See: Using the Management Pack (Microsoft SQL Server).