Before you can begin using the Management Pack, you must create an adapter instance to identify the host from which the Management Pack will retrieve data.
- From the top navigation bar, select Administration. In the right panel, the Solutions view will be displayed.
- Select MongoDB from the Solutions list on the right.
- Click the Configure icon. The Manage Solution window will appear.
Note: Click the Add icon above the Instance Namelist on the left to create multiple adapter instances.
- In the Manage Solution window, enter the following information:
- Instance Settings:
- Display Name: Enter a name for this particular instance of the management pack.
- Description: Optional field, but it can be helpful to describe multiple adapter instances.
- Basic Settings:
Note: The Host field supports input of multiple hosts using a comma-separated list. If using a port other than the default of 27017, it can be appended using the following format: <hostname_or_IP1>:<port>,<hostname_or_ip2>:<port>.
- Host: Enter the host name(s) of your mongos/mongod instance(s).
- Credential: Select the credential you created when Creating a Credential (MongoDB).
- Advanced Settings:
- Collector: The collector you select determines which vRealize Operations Manager collector is used to manage the adapter processes. Default Collector/Group is automatically selected. Click the drop-down menu if you want to run the collection on a different node.
- Connection: Select Mongos or Mongod, depending on your MongoDB configuration.
- Mongos SSL Enabled: Default setting is False; set to True to enable SSL.
- Mongod SSL Enabled: Default setting is False; set to True to enable SSL.
- Validate Certificate Against Truststore: Optional; default setting is False (all server certificates are trusted by vROps). If set to True, the MongoDB host server SSL certificate must be added to the truststore on your vROps machine. See: Adding an SSL Certificate to the vROps Truststore (MongoDB).
- Support Autodiscovery: Default setting is True. This should not be set to False.
- Instance Settings:
- Click Test Connection to test the configured connection information.
- Click Save Settings and Close to save your adapter instance.
What to do next
- To validate data collection, see: Validating Data Collection (MongoDB)