Configure the response that VM Component Protection (VMCP) makes when a datastore encounters a PDL or APD failure.
About this task
This page is editable only if you have enabled vSphere HA.
- In the vSphere Web Client, browse to the vSphere HA cluster.
- Click the Configure tab.
- Select vSphere Availability and click Edit.
- Click Failures and Responses, and expand either Datastore with PDL or Datastore with APD .
- If you clicked Datastore with PDL, you can set the VMCP failure response for this type of issue, either Disabled, Issue Events, or Power off and restart VMs.
- If you clicked Datastore with APD, you can set the VMCP failure response for this type of issue, either Disabled, Issue Events, Power off and restart VMs--Conservative restart policy, or Power off and restart VMs--Aggressive restart policy. You can also set Response recovery, which is the number of minutes that VMCP waits before taking action.
- Click OK.
Your settings for the VMCP failure response take effect.