If a rule in the inventory is in inactive state, you can edit the rule and assign a different image profile to the hosts matching it.
- On the vSphere Web Client Home page, click Auto Deploy.
By default, only the Administrator role has privileges to use the vSphere Auto Deploy service.
- On the Deploy Rules tab, from the list of rules in the inventory select the rule that you want to edit and click Edit.
The Edit Deploy Rule dialog box appears.
- Select the Select image profile page to assign an image profile to the hosts that match the rule criteria.
Option Action If you do not want to change the image profile Select the Same image profile option. If you do not want to assign an image profile to the selected hosts Select the No image profile option. If you want to assign a new image profile to the selected hosts
- Select the Browse for Image Profile option.
- Select a software depot from the drop-down menu.
- Select an image profile from the list.
- (Optional) If you want to bypass the acceptance level verification for the image profile, select the Skip image profile signature check check box.
- Click OK.