Before you provision ESXi hosts with vSphere Auto Deploy, you must create rules that assign image profiles, host profiles, and host locations to the hosts. An ESXi host can match more than one vSphere Auto Deploy rule criteria, when this is the case, the rule order is considered.
What to do next
- Activate a vSphere Auto Deploy rule. See Activate, Deactivate, and Reorder Deploy Rules.
- Edit a vSphere Auto Deploy rule. See Editing a Deploy Rule.
- View the image profile, host profile, and location associations of a host. See View Host Associations.
- Remediate non-compliant hosts. See Remediate a Non-compliant Host.
- Change the image profile association of a host. See Edit the Image Profile Association of a Host.