In vSphere 6.5 the log browser plug-in is part of the vCenter Server Appliance, but is not enabled by default and therefore the vSphere Web Client does not display it. You can manually deploy the log browser plug-in on your vCenter Server Appliance.
- Verify you have administrative rights to access the vCenter Server Appliance.
- Log in to the vCenter Server Appliance Bash Shell as an Administrator.
- Navigate to the location of the log browser manifest file.
The default location is: /usr/lib/vmware-vsphere-client/plugin-packages/logbrwoser
- Rename the file plugin-package.xml.unused to plugin-package.xml, and save it.
- From the vSphere Web Client, restart the VMware Service Lifecycle Manager API service.
For more information how to restart services in the vSphere Web Client, see vCenter Server and Host Management documentation.
The Log Browser tab appears under the Monitor tab in the vSphere Web Client.