In vSphere 6.5 the log browser plug-in is part of the vCenter Server installation package, but is not enabled by default and therefore the vSphere Web Client does not display it. You can manually deploy the log browser plug-in on your vCenter Server system that runs on Windows.
- Verify you have administrative privileges to access the Windows machine where vCenter Server runs.
- Log in as an administrator to the Windows machine where vCenter Server runs.
- Navigate to the location of the log browser manifest file.
The location of this file in Windows Server 2008/2012 is C:\ProgramData\VMware\vCenterServer\runtime\vsphere-client\plugin-packages\logbrowser.
- Rename the file plugin-package.xml.unused to plugin-package.xml, and save it.
- From the vSphere Web Client, restart the VMware Service Lifecycle Manager API service.
For more information how to restart services in the vSphere Web Client, see vCenter Server and Host Management documentation.The vCenter Server instance restarts.
The Log Browser tab appears under the Monitor tab in the vSphere Web Client.