A VM-Host affinity rule establishes an affinity (or anti-affinity) relationship between a virtual machine DRS group with a host DRS group. You must create both of these groups before you can create a rule that links them.
- Browse to the cluster in the vSphere Web Client navigator.
- Click the Configure tab.
- Under Configuration, select VM/Host Groups and click Add.
- In the Create VM/Host Group dialog box, type a name for the group.
- Select Host Group from the Type drop down box and click Add.
- Click the check box next to a host to add it. Continue this process until all desired hosts have been added.
- Click OK.
What to do next
Using this host DRS group, you can create a VM-Host affinity rule that establishes an affinity (or anti-affinity) relationship with an appropriate virtual machine DRS group.