You can use global permissions to give a user or group privileges for all objects in all inventory hierarchies in your deployment.
Important: Use global permissions with care. Verify that you really want to assign permissions to all objects in all inventory hierarchies.
To perform this task, you must haveprivileges on the root object for all inventory hierarchies.
- Click Administration and select Global Permissions in the Access Control area.
- Click Manage, and click the Add permission icon.
- Select the user or group that will have the privileges defined by the selected role.
- From the Domain drop-down menu, select the domain for the user or group.
- Type a name in the Search box or select a name from the list.
The system searches user names, group names, and descriptions.
- Select the user or group and click Add.
The name is added to either the Users or Groups list.
- (Optional) Click Check Names to verify that the user or group exists in the identity source.
- Click OK.
- Select a role from the Assigned Role drop-down menu.
The roles that are assigned to the object appear in the menu. The privileges contained in the role are listed in the section below the role title.
- Decide whether to leave the Propagate to children check box selected.
If you assign a global permission and do not select Propagate, the users or groups associated with this permission do not have access to the objects in the hierarchy. They only have access to some global functionality such as creating roles.
- Click OK.