Use the datastore browser to move folders or files to a new location, either on the same datastore or on a different datastore.
About this task
Virtual disk files are moved or copied without format conversion. If you move a virtual disk to a datastore that belongs to a host different from the source host, you might need to convert the virtual disk. Otherwise, you might not be able to use the disk.
- Open the datastore browser.
- Display the datastore in the inventory.
- Right-click the datastore and select Browse Files ().
- Browse to an object you want to move, either a folder or a file.
- Select the object and click the Move selection to a new location icon.
- Specify the destination location.
- (Optional) : Select Overwrite files and folders with matching names at the destination.
- Click OK.