Use the datastore file browser to manage contents of your datastores. You can browse folders and files that are stored on the datastore. You can also use the browser to upload files and perform administrative tasks on your folders and files.
- Open the datastore browser.
- Display the datastore in the inventory.
- Right-click the datastore and select Browse Files ().
- Explore the contents of the datastore by navigating to existing folders and files.
- Perform administrative tasks by using the icons and options.
Icons and Options
Upload a file to the datastore. See Upload Files to Datastores.
Download from the datastore. See Download Files from Datastores.
Create a folder on the datastore.
Copy selected folders or files to a new location, either on the same datastore or on a different datastore. See Copy Datastore Folders or Files.
Move selected folders or files to a new location, either on the same datastore or on a different datastore. See Move Datastore Folders or Files.
Rename selected folders or files. See Rename Datastore Folders or Files.
Delete selected folders or files.
Convert a selected thin virtual disk to thick. This option applies only to thin-provisioned disks. See Inflate Thin Virtual Disks.