If you are not planning to use a storage policy, you can delete it.
You cannot delete the VVols No Requirement Policy and vSAN Default Policy.
- If the policy you want to delete is used as the default, disassociate it from the datastore. See Change the Default Storage Policy for a Datastore.
- If the policy is used by a virtual machine, change the VM policy assignment. See Change Storage Policy Assignment for Virtual Machine Files and Disks.
- From the vSphere Web Client Home, click .
- Click the VM Storage Policies tab.
- Select the policy to delete and click the Delete icon ().
You can select multiple policies.
- Click Yes to confirm your action.