You can edit custom attributes and add annotations for a virtual machine or host from the Summary tab for the object. Annotations can be used to provide additional descriptive text or comments for an object.
- Select a managed entity from the inventory and click the Summary tab.
- Click the Custom Attributes tab.
- Click Edit at the bottom right of the Custom Attributes list.
- (Optional) : To rename an attribute, double-click its name in the Attribute text box. Enter a new name, then click outside the text box to finish editing.
- (Optional) : To change the value of an attribute, double-click the value in the Value text box. Enter a new value, then click outside the text box to finish editing.
- Click OK to finish editing the attribute.