You can use the New VMkernel Network Adapters for vSAN wizard to configure vmknics to support vSAN traffic.
If ESXi hosts in your cluster do not have vmknics configured to support vSAN traffic, the Configuration Assist page issues a warning for Network configuration > All hosts have a vSAN vmknic configured.
- Navigate to your vSAN cluster in the vSphere Web Client.
- Click the Configure tab.
- Under vSAN, select Configuration Assist and click to expand the Network configuration category.
- Click All hosts have a vSAN vmknic configured. In the lower half of the page, click Create VMkernel Network Adapter.
- In Select hosts, select the check box for each host that does not have a vmknic configured for vSAN, and click Next.
Hosts without a vSAN vmknic are listed in the Configuration Assist page.
- In Location and services, select a distributed switch and select the vSAN traffic check box. Click Next.
- In vSAN adapter settings, select a port group, IP settings and configuration, and click Next.
- In Ready to complete, review the configuration, and click Finish.