You can use the Configure New Distributed Switch for vSAN wizard to configure a vSphere Distributed Switch to support vSAN traffic.
If your cluster does not have a vSphere Distributed Switch configured to support vSAN traffic, the Configuration Assist page issues a warning for Network configuration > Use vDS for vSAN.
- Navigate to your vSAN cluster in the vSphere Web Client.
- Click the Configure tab.
- Under vSAN, select Configuration Assist and click to expand the Network configuration category.
- Click Use vDS for vSAN. In the lower half of the page, click Create vDS.
- In Name and type, enter a name for the new distributed switch, and choose whether to create a new switch or migrate an existing standard switch.
- Select the unused adapters you want to migrate to the new distributed switch, and click Next.
- (Optional) In Migrate infrastructure VMs, select the VM to treat as an infrastructure VM during the migration for existing standard switch, and click Next.
This step is not necessary if you are creating a new distributed switch.
- In Ready to complete, review the configuration, and click Finish.