The types of users involved in the process of creating and monitoring Kubernetes volumes in the vSphere Cloud Native Storage environment generally fall into two categories, a Kubernetes user and a vSphere administrator. Both types of users have access to different tools and perform different tasks.
CNS Kubernetes User
- Deploy and manage the vSphere CSI. For information, see the Deploying a Kubernetes Cluster on vSphere with CSI and CPI section of the Kubernetes vSphere Cloud Provider documentation on GitHub.
- Deploy and manage stateful applications. For information, see the Sample manifests to test CSI driver functionality section of the Kubernetes vSphere Cloud Provider documentation on GitHub.
- Perform life cycle operations for persistent volumes.
- Perform life cycle operations for storage classes.
CNS vSphere User
- Perform life cycle operations for the VM storage policies. For example, create a VM storage policy to be used for a Kubernetes storage class and communicate its name to the Kubernetes user. See Create a Storage Policy.
- Use the Cloud Native Storage section of the vSphere Client to monitor health and storage policy compliance of the container volumes across the Kubernetes clusters. See Monitor Container Volumes Across Kubernetes Clusters.