When setting up your host to boot from iBFT iSCSI, install the ESXi image to the target LUN.
- Configure iSCSI boot firmware on your boot NIC to point to the target LUN that you want to use as the boot LUN.
- Change the boot sequence in the BIOS so that iSCSI precedes the DVD-ROM.
- If you use Broadcom adapters, set Boot to iSCSI target to Disabled.
- Insert the installation media in the CD/DVD-ROM drive and restart the host.
- When the installer starts, follow the typical installation procedure.
- When prompted, select the iSCSI LUN as the installation target.
The installer copies the ESXi boot image to the iSCSI LUN.
- After the system restarts, remove the installation DVD.