When setting up your host to boot from iBFT iSCSI, change the boot sequence to force your host to boot in an appropriate order.
Because changing the boot sequence in the BIOS is vendor-specific, refer to vendor documentation for instructions. The following sample procedure explains how to change the boot sequence on a Dell host with a Broadcom network adapter.
- Turn on the host.
- During Power-On Self-Test (POST), press F2 to enter the BIOS Setup.
- In the BIOS Setup, select Boot Sequence and press Enter.
- In the Boot Sequence menu, arrange the bootable items so that iSCSI precedes the DVD-ROM.
- Press Esc to exit the Boot Sequence menu.
- Press Esc to exit the BIOS Setup.
- Select Save Changes and click Exit to exit the BIOS Setup menu.