You can combine multiple upgrade baselines into a virtual machine baseline group.
Note: You can click Finish in the New Baseline Group wizard at any time to save your baseline group, and add baselines to it at a later stage.
- Use the vSphere Web Client to log in to a vCenter Server Appliance, or to a vCenter Server system with which Update Manager is registered.
- In the Home view of the vSphere Web Client, select the Update Manager icon.
- From the Objects tab, select an Update Manager instance.
The Objects tab also displays all the vCenter Server system to which an Update Manager instance is connected.
- Click the Manage tab.
- On the Baselines tab, click Create new baseline definition group.
- Enter a name for the baseline group, and click Next.
- For each type of upgrade (virtual hardware and VMware Tools), select one of the available upgrade baselines to include in the baseline group.
- Click Next.
- Review the Ready to Complete page, and click Finish.
The new baseline group is displayed in the Baseline Groups pane.