Most common issues that might occur during a vCenter Server upgrade to version 7.0, that contains host profiles.
- For issues occurring during a vCenter Server upgrade or ESXi upgrade, see Troubleshooting a vSphere Upgrade.
- If upgrading vCenter Server 6.5 or 6.7, containing host profiles with version earlier than 6.5, results with a failure, see KB 52932.
- For error
There is no suitable host in the inventory as reference host for the profile Host Profile. The profile does not have any associated reference host, see KB 2150534.
- If an error occurs when you import a host profile to an empty vCenter Server inventory, see vSphere Host Profiles for Reference Host is Unavailable.
- If a host profile compliance check fails for NFS datastore, see vSphere Host Profiles for Host Profile without NFS Datastore.
- If compliance check fails with an error for the UserVars.ESXiVPsDisabledProtocols option, when an ESXi host upgraded to version 7.0 is attached to a host profile with version 6.5, see VMware vSphere 7.0 Release Notes.