You can also configure writing of events to the vCenter Server streaming facility. Streaming events is supported only for the vCenter Server. The streaming of events to a remote syslog server is disabled by default. You can enable and configure the streaming of vCenter Server events to a remote syslog server from the vCenter Server Management Interface.
- In the vSphere Client, navigate to the vCenter Server instance.
- Select the Configure tab.
- Under Settings, Select Advanced Settings.
- Click Edit.
- In the Filter text box, type vpxd.event, and press Enter.
- Enable or disable the vpxd.event.syslog option.
The default value for the setting is enabled.