If your ESXi host uses an independent hardware iSCSI adapter, such as QLogic HBA, you can configure the adapter to boot from the SAN.
- Start the installation media and reboot the host.
- Use the BIOS to set the host to boot from the installation media first.
- During server POST, press Crtl+q to enter the QLogic iSCSI HBA configuration menu.
- Select the I/O port to configure.
By default, the Adapter Boot mode is set to Disable.
- Configure the HBA.
- From the Fast!UTIL Options menu, select .
- (Optional) Configure the following settings for your host adapter: initiator IP address, subnet mask, gateway, initiator iSCSI name, and CHAP.
- Configure iSCSI settings.
- Save your changes and restart the system.