On the ESXi host, bind an iSCSI or iSER adapter with a VMkernel adapter.
The following types of adapters require the port binding:
- Software iSCSI adapter
- Dependent hardware iSCSI adapter
- VMware iSCSI over RDMA (iSER) adapter
- In the vSphere Client, navigate to the ESXi host.
- Click the Configure tab.
- Under Storage, click Storage Adapters, and select the appropriate iSCSI or iSER adapter (vmhba# ) from the list.
- Click the Network Port Binding tab and click the Add icon.
- Select a VMkernel adapter to bind with the iSCSI or iSER adapter.
Note: Make sure that the network policy for the VMkernel adapter is compliant with the binding requirements.You can bind the software iSCSI adapter to one or more VMkernel adapters. For a dependent hardware iSCSI adapter or the iSER adapter, only one VMkernel adapter associated with the correct physical NIC is available.
- Click OK.
The network connection appears on the list of network port bindings for the iSCSI or iSER adapter.