When you create a VMFS6 datastore in the vSphere Client, the only method for space reclamation you can specify is the priority method. To enable the fixed method, modify the space reclamation settings for the existing datastore.
- In the vSphere Client, navigate to the datastore.
- Select Edit Space Reclamation from the right-click menu.
- Specify the space reclamation setting.
Option Description Enable automatic space reclamation at fixed rate Use the fixed method for space reclamation. Specify reclamation bandwidth in MB per second. Disable automatic space reclamation Deleted or unmapped blocks are not reclaimed.
- Click OK to save the new settings.
- Unmount and remount the datastore for the changes to take place.
- Repeat this procedure for all ESXi hosts that access the datastore.
The modified value for the space reclamation priority appears on the General page for the datastore.