You can clone existing vApps to vApp templates in a content library. You can use the vApp templates later to provision new vApps on a cluster or a host in your vSphere inventory. The vApp is exported to a content library in the OVF format.
- In the vSphere Client, select .
- Right-click a vApp and select
. The Clone to Template in Content Library wizard opens.
- On the Basic information page, configure the content library template and click Next.
- Select the New template radio button.
- Enter a name and, optionally, a description for the template.
- (Optional) Select the Preserve MAC-addresses on network adapters check box to preserve the MAC addresses of the network adapters.
- (Optional) Select Include extra configuration to include vApp-related configuration in the template that you clone.
- On the Location page, select a content library to clone the vApp to.
- On the Review page, review the configuration details and click Finish
A new task for cloning to OVF package appears in the Recent Tasks pane. After the task finishes, the vApp template appears on the Templates tab for the content library.
What to do next
Use the template to provision vApps on a host or a cluster in your vSphere inventory. See Create New vApp From a Template in a Content Library.