You can use the vSAN VM performance charts to monitor the workload on your virtual machines and virtual disks.
When the performance service is turned on, you can view detailed statistical charts for virtual machine performance and virtual disk performance. VM performance statistics cannot be collected during migration between hosts, so you might notice a gap of several minutes in the VM performance chart.
The vSAN performance service must be turned on before you can view performance charts.
- Navigate to the vSAN cluster, and select a VM.
- Click the Monitor tab.
- Under vSAN, select Performance.
- Select VM. Select a time range for your query. vSAN displays performance charts for the VM, including IOPS, throughput, and latency.
- Select Virtual Disk. Select a time range for your query. vSAN displays performance charts for the virtual disks, including IOPS, delayed normalized IOPS, virtual SCSI IOPS, virtual SCSI throughput, and virtual SCSI latency. The virtual SCSI latency performance charts display a highlighted area due to the IOPS limit enforcement.
- (Optional) In the Virtual Disk, click New IOInsight Instance. For more information on IOInsight, see Use IOInsight.
- Click Refresh or Show Results to update the display.