If you use vSAN Direct with vSAN Data Persistence platform, you can create a capability based storage policy to be used with the namespace where stateful services run.
- In the vSphere Client, open the Create VM Storage Policy wizard.
- In the Home menu, click Policies and Profiles.
- Under Policies and Profiles, click VM Storage Policies.
- Click Create.
- Enter the policy name and description.
Option Action vCenter Server Select the vCenter Server instance. Name Enter the name of the storage policy, for example, Sample vSAN Direct Thick. Description Enter the description of the storage policy.
- On the Policy structure page under Datastore specific rules, enable rules for vSAN Direct storage placement.
- On the vSAN Direct rules page, specify vSAN Direct as a storage placement type.
- On the Storage compatibility page, review the list of vSAN Direct datastores that match this policy.
- On the Review and finish page, review the storage policy settings and click Finish.
To change any settings, click Back to go to the relevant page.