To handle the networking configuration for all hosts in the Supervisor Cluster, create a vSphere Distributed Switch.
- In the vSphere Client, navigate to a data center.
- In the navigator, right-click the data center and select .
- Enter a name for the new distributed switch.
- In Select Version, enter a version for the distributed switch.
Select 7.0.0 - ESXi 7.0 and later.
- In Configure Settings, enter the number of uplinks ports.
Enter a value of
- Review the settings and click Finish.
- Right-click the distributed switch you created and select .
- On the Advanced tab, enter a value of more than 1600 as the MTU (Bytes) value and click OK.
The MTU size must be 1600 or greater on any network that carries overlay traffic.For example,
What to do next
Add distributed port groups. See Create Distributed Port Groups.