You can upgrade vSphere Distributed Switch version 7.0 to a later version. The upgrade of a distributed switch causes the hosts and virtual machines attached to the switch to experience a brief downtime.
- Upgrade vCenter Server to version 7.0.
- Upgrade all hosts connected to the distributed switch to ESXi 7.0.
- From the vSphere Client home menu, select Hosts and Clusters.
- Select Networking and navigate to the distributed switch.
For example, DSwitch.The vSphere Client UI lists the versions that are available to upgrade to.
- From the Actions menu, select .
- Select the vSphere Distributed Switch version that you want to upgrade the switch to and click Next.
- Review host compatibility and click Next.
- Complete the upgrade configuration and click Finish.