If you use vSAN with vSAN Data Persistence platform, you can create a vSAN Shared Nothing Architecture (SNA) storage policy to be used with the namespace where stateful services run.
- In the vSphere Client, open the Create VM Storage Policy wizard.
- In the Home menu, click Policies and Profiles.
- Under Policies and Profiles, click VM Storage Policies.
- Click Create.
- Enter the policy name and description.
Option Action vCenter Server Select the vCenter Server instance. Name Enter the name of the storage policy, for example, Sample SNA Thick. Description Enter the description of the storage policy.
- On the Policy structure page under Datastore specific rules, enable rules for vSAN storage placement.
- On the vSAN page, click the Availability tab and select the following values. The values are only applicable for SNA workloads on the vSAN Data Persistence platform. They cannot be used for provisioning VM workloads.
Option Description Option Value Site disaster tolerance None - standard clusterNote: vSAN Data Persistence platform supports only standard clusters. Failures to tolerate No data redundancy with host affinityThick provisioning enforced for SNA workloads and is selected as a value for object space reservation on the Advanced Policy Rules tab. You cannot change this value.
- On the Storage compatibility page, review the list of vSAN datastores that match this policy.
- On the Review and finish page, review the storage policy settings and click Finish.
To change any settings, click Back to go to the relevant page.