As a vSphere administrator, set up vSAN Direct to be used with vSAN Data Persistence platform. Use unclaimed storage devices local to your ESXi host.
Note: Only the vSAN Data Persistence platform can consume vSAN Direct storage. The vSAN Data Persistence platform provides a framework for software technology partners to integrate with VMware infrastructure. Each partner must develop their own plug-in for VMware customers to receive the benefits of the vSAN Data Persistence platform. The platform is not operational until the partner solution running on top is operational.
- In the vSphere Client, navigate to the vSAN cluster.
- Click the Configure tab.
- Under vSAN, click Disk Management.
- Click Claim Unused Disks.
- Select a device to claim and select vSAN Direct from the Claim For column.
- Click Create.
For each device you claim, vSAN Direct creates a new datastore.
- Click the Datastores tab to display all vSAN Direct datastores in your cluster.