Use the vSphere Client to remove software NVMe over RDMA or NVMe over TCP adapters from the ESXi host. You can remove the adapter if you need to free the underlying RDMA adapter or ethernet adapter for other purposes.
- In the vSphere Client, navigate to the ESXi host.
- Click the Configure tab.
- Under Storage, click Storage Adapters, and select the adapter (vmhba#) to remove.
- Remove the NVMe controller connected to the adapter.
- Click the Controllers tab.
- Select the controller and click Remove.
The NVMe controller is disconnected and disappears from the list.
- Click the Remove icon (Remove the host's storage adapter) to remove the NVMe over RDMA adapter or the NVMe over TCP adapter.