After a warm migration and before powering off the virtual machine on-premise, you can test the consistency of the target virtual machine in the cloud site by performing a test cutover.
Verify that the VM, for which you are about to perform a Test Cutover operation, is in a cutover-ready state.
- In the vSphere Web Client, navigate to .
- In the Migrations tab, click Test Cutover.
- Select a target vCD org, a target vDC, and target Network.
- Select if you want to power on the target VMs after the Test Cutover job finishes.
- (Optional) Enter a tag for the Test Cutover job that you are initiating.
- Select VM or VMs, for which you want to test cutover and click Start.
- Confirm that you want to perform a test cutover to this virtual machine by clicking OK.
A record for the Test Cutover job appears in the Migrations tab queue. The status of the job is Test cutover-ready. After the Test Cutover job finishes, the status changes to Test-ready.
What to do next
Initiate a manual cutover. For more information, see Initiate a Cutover.