You can import content packs to exchange user-defined information with other instances of vRealize Log Insight.
You can import only Content Pack (VLCP) files.
You can download content packs from the VMware Solutions Exchange at https://marketplace.vmware.com. You can also download community supported content packs from the VMware Sample Exchange at https://code.vmware.com.
If you are accessing the vRealize Log Insight user interface from a web browser that is connected to the internet, you can install or update content packs from within vRealize Log Insight. See Install a Content Pack from the Content Pack Marketplace.
When you update a content pack that has alerts activated, the update overwrites any modifications you have made to alert descriptions or conditions.
Modifications are kept in your user profile. To preserve these modifications, export them as a content pack before the update, and import them into the user profile after the update.
- If you want to use Install as content pack as the import method, verify that you are logged in to the vRealize Log Insight web user interface as a Super Admin user, or a user with full or edit access to content packs. The URL format of the web user interface is https://log-insight-host, where log-insight-host is the IP address or host name of the vRealize Log Insight virtual appliance.
- If you want to use Import into My Content, you can log in to the vRealize Log Insight web user interface with any level of permission.
- Expand the main menu and click Content Packs.
- In the upper left corner, click Import Content Pack.
- Select the import method.
Menu Item Description Install as content pack The content is imported as a read-only content pack that is visible to all users of the vRealize Log Insight instance.Note: Content pack dashboards are read-only. You cannot delete or rename them. However, if you are an administrator, a dashboard user, or a user with view access to the permission, you can clone content pack dashboards to your custom dashboard. You can clone whole dashboards or individual widgets. Import into My Content
The content is imported as custom content to your user space, and is visible only to you. You can edit the imported content without having to clone it.Note: Content pack metadata, such as name, author, icon, and so on, are not displayed in this mode.
Once imported in My Content, the content pack cannot be uninstalled as a pack. If you want to remove a content pack from My Content, you have to individually remove each of its elements, such as dashboards, queries, alerts, and fields.Non-admin users can import content packs only in their own user spaces.
- Browse for the content pack that you want to import, and click Open.
- Click Import.
- (Optional) If you selected to import the content pack as custom content, a dialog box appears and you are prompted to select what content to import. Select the content items and click Import again.
- (Optional) Some content packs require additional setup steps. Instructions for these steps appear after the import is finished. Complete these steps before you use the content pack.
The imported content pack is ready to use and appears in the Content Packs or the Custom Content list to the left.